AgilOne Banks $25M Series C For Predictive Marketing Tech

PredictiveAgilOne, a cloud platform designed to enable predictive marketing, has raised $25 million in Series C funding led by Tenaya Capital with participation from Next World Capital and Four Rivers Group.

AgilOne’s most recent raise was a $10 million Series B round last November, bringing its total funding picture to $41 million.

AgilOne CEO Omer Artun said marketers use “AgilOne’s predictive analytics (to) extract value from customer data and drive revenue from it.” Artun said AgilOne has seen the most traction in the retail vertical, but that “B2B ecommerce and media subscription” companies are growth areas as well.

The company positions itself as the connective tissue or “brain” between various information storage systems like marketing automation platforms, ecommerce platforms or Web optimization suites. It claims to manage data around purchase transactions, email and site actions.

One customer, outdoor lifestyle retailer Moosejaw Mountaineering, which operates 85% of its business online and the remaining 15% via its 11 brick-and-mortar stores, tapped AgilOne to deliver customized email campaigns. Dan Pingree, Moosejaw’s VP of marketing, told AdExchanger the retailer uses a combination of first- and third-party data to effectively build out customer profiles.

“What we’re trying to do is to get to an understanding of a profile deeply and then marketing to [the consumer] based on that,” he said. In one instance, the company used AgilOne to “cluster audiences to determine who gets what email, what the text, offer and creative should be, and then determine when is the best window of time to reach them.”

Next on Moosejaw’s list of priorities is tackling cross-device attribution, and “doing a lot more with path analysis. … My goal is to ensure every single customer in our database has a profile we can act on, no matter where they accessed us.”

AgilOne is not the only vendor tackling email personalization. Its competitors include Sailthru and Custora, which claim to help marketers measure user value across the entire customer life cycle. Personalization through predictive marketing is also a hot investment area.

Sailthru recently raised $20 million in Series C funding to construct individualized profiles and predictive email. Programmatic email exchange LiveIntent, too, raised $20 million in recent months and TellApart acquired AdStack for email marketing optimization.

AgilOne plans to use the new injection to grow sales, marketing and global expansion efforts in EMEA and ANZ regions. The company employs more than 100; it did not disclose its plans for headcount growth.


Enjoying this content?

Sign up to be an AdExchanger Member today and get unlimited access to articles like this, plus proprietary data and research, conference discounts, on-demand access to event content, and more!

Join Today!