AdExchanger regularly publishes curated columns from the marketing industry’s big thinkers, including brands, media executives, technologists and services leaders. We welcome submissions from those interested in writing. However the decision to publish is strictly at the discretion of AdExchanger’s editorial team.
Please find our detailed guidelines below.
• Target length is 400-700 words. For new contributors, please send us a 2-3 paragraph abstract outlining the column's main arguments before sending a full-length draft. We will review it and let you know if we'd like to see more.
• Column must be exclusive to AdExchanger. We ask that authors not write columns for other ad publications for one month before and after appearing in AdExchanger. Columns may be reprinted on company or personal blogs one week after publication at AdExchanger but may not be reprinted at other publications.
• We're looking for very senior contributors (CEO, director, C-Suite level). No double bylines.
• We put a high value on pointed columns that deal with a specific issue or pain point. Bonus points for staking out a controversial argument.
• No self-promotion. "I" not "we," no company mentions, etc. Company will be mentioned and linked from the bio, but that's it. You cannot reference your company's business model, practices, products, research, events, etc.
• Referencing op-eds or articles from other publications is fine, but please do not build your column around something that appeared elsewhere. Please include source links to properly attribute stats, facts, quotes or other types of specific information; please cite the original source whenever possible.
• Column content should not be too closely aligned with the contributor's business and marketing interests. We're looking for high-level thought leadership and authenticity. For example, AdExchanger generally doesn't want to publish columns that promote the advantages of an author's product, even if not mentioned explicitly, or outline problems that are solved by the author's product. We do not want repurposed company research, such as white papers.
• If the column fits within your company's marketing materials, message or strategy, we'll probably pass. If it is tied to an upcoming marketing announcement or product launch, we will pass. If at the end of the column, we feel like we've just been (sales) pitched, we will pass.
If you would like to submit your application for contributed content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will respond.
Native & Sponsored Content Opportunities
Separate from our thought leadership program, AdExchanger offers limited native content opportunities allowing sponsors to reach our audience with relevant content, such as marketing-related messaging, white-papers, and other relevant materials. For more on this program, please contact our Sales team at email@example.com