Jeremy Steinberg, Vice President, Digital Sales & Business Development - FOX News Channel and FOX Business Network, offers his views.
2012 will be the year of...
Transparent Automated Buying & Selling
Real Time Bidding will be embraced by all those that sit on the fence. Agency Trading Desks will consolidate power and make acquisitions in ad technology. Audience targeted upfront will provide an easy way for marketers to shift money into Digital.
Ad technology and data services will help premium publishers prove to marketers that quality branded content matched with audience data and custom insights works better than anything else.
Video Landscape Starts Shifting
Increased viewership of IP-based video and the availability of more Broadcast and Cable Network video content will focus spending on traditional media companies and premium distributors.
Digital Becomes More Mobile
HTML5 mobile web apps and increased mobile second screen usage will drive a complete rethink of not only the mobile ad experience but Digital advertising as a whole.
Damn You, Social
The struggle to help marketers achieve their social media objectives will continue as no one, not even the marketer, really knows how to quantify value.
Premium = View-ability
Viewable impressions (principle #1 of the 3MS Initiative) will become the new normal as premium publishers further differentiate themselves from the rest of the web.
E-Commerce media will finally hit the mainstream as marketers and retailers uncover data exhaust, search spending alternatives and new revenue opportunities.
Read more predictions:
- Cross-Platform Display Is Going From Niche to Mainstream In 2012 Says Google's Mohan
- For 2012, A Shift Towards The End-To-End Solution For Marketers Says Microsoft's van der Kooi
- True Premium Is Going To Change The Way We Think Says Yahoo! Levinsohn
- Pay-For-Performance Time Has Come Says IPG Mediabrands Global CEO Seiler
- Disintermediation and Frenemy Dropped From The Advertising Lexicon In 2012 Says VivaKi CEO Klues
- Consolidation And Clarification In Premium, Independent Web For 2012 Says Federated's Battelle
- Real-Time Bidding Capitulation And Ad Tech Acquisitions By Agencies In 2012 Says Fox News Steinberg
- Just Don't Tell Me Its Completely New In 2012 Says Inadco COO Zinman
- A Digital Creative Revolution Will Ignite In 2012 Says IAB CEO Rothenberg
- Agencies To Reap The Benefits Of Behaving More Like Silicon Valley In 2012 Says 4A's Prez Nancy Hill
- At Some Point In The Future There Won't Be Digital Ad Agencies Says ANA's Duggan