Here's today's AdExchanger.com news round-up... Want it by email? Sign-up here.
Under The Radar
On Tuesday Nielsen and Simulmedia unveiled a research partnership that rolls together Nielsen’s people meter with Simulmedia's set-top box data. The pair-up will allow the companies to measure niche cable networks that typically fly under Nielsen's ratings. Simulmedia CEO Dave Morgan said the findings could benefit network TV buyers. "This research will surface both the value of these networks and their audiences to brands, and the cost effectiveness of working with them to reach attractive consumers and achieve positive business outcomes.” Broadcasting & Cable has more.
Scrap ’N Track
GroupM acquired a 49% stake in marketing media company Haworth on Tuesday, according to a press release from holding company WPP Group. Haworth manages media investments for a number of top-tier business and bands, among them Target, Ben & Jerry's, DreamWorks Animation and the Oscars. The release states that the “investment continues WPP's strategy of investing in important markets such as the United States where WPP companies (including associates) collectively generate revenues of over US$6 billion and employ approximately 25,000 people.” More power, and data, to the holdco.
Video ad tech player Beachfront Media, whose client list includes CBS and Hulu, is getting into mobile programmatic. Well, who isn’t these days? Beachfront Media CEO Frank Sinton told MediaPost there’s “a strong need in the marketplace to help people monetize their in-app mobile video views.” Sinton said Beachfront’s new offering stands out from the likes of Adapt.tv or LiveRail because it’s specifically designed for apps.
- Lisa Sherman Named CEO Of The Ad Council - Adweek
- Jordan Rohan Joins Verve's Board of Directors - press release
But Wait. There’s More!
- Advertising Is Fueling Big Data: Quantcast CEO Feldman - Beet.TV (video)
- Why Publishers Are Learning How To Buy Ads - Digiday
- What's Wrong With The Internet? - Forbes
- A Chat With LinkedIn's CEO Jeff Weiner - Business Insider
- Varick Media Management Partners With Integral Ad Science On Viewability - press release
- Beaconed Once: 45% Engagement; Beaconed Twice: 313% Drop in App Usage - MediaPost
- IronSource Snaps Up About $85 Million - press release