Here’s today’s AdExchanger.com news round-up… Want it by email? Sign-up here.
Havas Pushes ‘Integration’
Havas reported 6% organic growth on Thursday, with revenues hitting $555 million for 2014’s third quarter. CEO Yannick Bolloré was hesitant to touch on rival Publicis’ recent acquisition of tech-focused agency Sapient, but told analysts on the call, “We are pursuing a different strategy — to integrate – because we believe the customer journey is not different in a digital world. We need to be able to deliver networks who are completely fluent in traditional, digital and mobile to meet our clients’ expectations and so far we are very satisfied with the results of our strategy based on integration.” Ad Age has more.
One year after its IPO, Twitter hasn’t kept pace with the digital ad growth shown by competitors Facebook and Google, The Economist points out. While revenues have quadrupled since 2012 and its market cap is $25 billion, user growth has slowed in recent months. “Twitter has developed into an indispensable media outlet for us, but there are different levels of indispensability,” said OMD Worldwide Chief Digital Officer Ben Winkler. “Both wiper fluid and gasoline are indispensable, but they don’t get the same share of wallet.” Read it.
Dentsu’s Fetching Buy
Detsu Aegis Network snapped up mobile agency network Fetch on Thursday for an estimated $48 million. Fetch is headquartered in London with offices in San Francisco, Berlin and Hong Kong. Head count is 96. Fetch management will report to Dentsu CEO Robert Horler. In a statement, Horler said, “Growing our digital profile across all capabilities is one of our five strategic priorities and this deal clearly recognizes the potential we see in both Fetch and the wider mobile market.” All eyes on mobile. More in The Drum.
The Other Weather
Weather media company AccuWeather tapped Lotame to support ad personalization and targeting. The partnership rolls together Lotame’s audience data and AccuWeather’s weather prediction, and aims to hone in on demographic and purchase intent data points. The companies said Lotame “gives AccuWeather deep, unified views of their mobile and web audience, drawn from a special blend of first-, second-, and third-party sources.” Press release.
- SAP Taps Microsoft Exec Quentin Clark As CTO – Re/code
- Jie Cheng Joins ADARA As Chief Analytics Officer – press release
- Rosetta Names Eric Healy CEO – MediaPost
But Wait. There’s More!
- What The Apple Watch Means For Advertising – VentureBeat
- Thanx Gets $4.7 Million, Partners With Visa And MasterCard – TechCrunch
- Is Location More Than A Feature In Mobile Advertising? – Street Fight
- Adzerk Announces Sales Management Product – Adzerk blog
- Opera Mediaworks And Viggle Partner To Introduce Add-To-DVR Tech – press release
- EQ Works And Factual Partner For Location Data, Mobile Ad Targeting – press release