Here’s today’s AdExchanger.com news round-up… Want it by email? Sign-up here.
The rise of ad blocking, the ad sector’s bogeyman of the month, sparked a think piece co-authored by two of the agency world’s biggest wigs. GroupM’s Rob Norman and John Montgomery write, “If advertisers pay only for viewable ads or buy media on a cost per action basis this won’t affect them in the short term other than creating constrained supply. But if Adblocking becomes a profitable business it has every opportunity of undermining the current ad-supported content model on the web.” Apple developers, you listening? More.
In disclosing its Q2 numbers, Adobe reported strong 15% growth for its marketing cloud. Adobe continues to push forward with its ad stack, having just bought dynamic creative optimization player Tumri and finished a big integration with Microsoft’s Dynamics CRM. Read transcript at Seeking Alpha.
Video Gets Personal
Eyeview and Nielsen Catalina Solutions debuted personalized video ad delivery based on consumer shopping behavior. Eyeview’s tech draws on transaction data, demographics, location, local pricing and weather to serve digital video ads at the household level, while Nielsen will measure incremental sales results. Read the release. An Eyeview spokesperson said six brands are using the solution in beta but didn’t name names.
Serial In Cannes
“Serial,” the 2014 podcast that obliterated industry precedents with 86 million downloads and a Peabody Award, will be hunting for marketing partners in Cannes next week. Despite being produced by WBEZ Chicago, a public radio station, “Serial” is not underwritten like a typical public radio program. Read on at Ad Age. Will podcasting be the last hand-sold digital media format?
- Vikram Somaya Appointed SVP, Global Data Officer At ESPN – press release
- The Weather Company Names Domenic Venuto General Manager, AdFX – press release
- Verve Mobile Hires Retail Marketing Executive Julie Bernard As CMO – press release
But Wait, There’s More!
- More Autoplay Ads Are Coming To Mobile But That Could Be A Good Thing – Adweek
- SMG’s Weinstein On The Evolution Of Programmatic Buying – Beet.TV
- US Ad Volume Expands In May, Digital Exodus Continues – MediaPost
- Business Insider CRO Pete Spande On “People Of Ad Tech” – The Makegood
- Programmatic Video Takes A Bite Out Of Budgets – eMarketer
- Local Advertising Changes Could Provide Boon For App Pubs – App Developer Mag
- Snapchat CEO Warns Of ‘Brand Damage’ Arising From Targeted Ads – The Drum
- Rubicon Project And Virool Extend Exclusive Alliance, Add Mobile Video Inventory – press release