Here’s today’s AdExchanger.com news round-up… Want it by email? Sign-up here.
Breaking The Login
Privacy regulators in Europe have suggested Google switch off matching of users across its services such as Gmail, Google Docs and YouTube. The request was part of a set of guidelines written by privacy regulators in Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Britain and the Netherlands. In reply to the six-page letter, a Google spokesperson said, “We’re always open to feedback and look forward to further discussions on these recommendations.” The WSJ has more.
“We are a data company,” The Weather Channel’s global yield and programmatic director, Daniel Young, told Beet.TV. “We enrich an advertising offering whether it is on app, on the mobile web or the web itself.” Young added that one of The Weather Channel’s highest areas of growth is mobile. However! “We have good traction and reach across other [areas]. We’re developing all our products to be able to sell advertising … across all platforms seamlessly.” The cross-device storm rages on. More.
VivaKi Quality Check
On Thursday, VivaKi broke the seal on its Quality Index, which will vet all placements of media bought programmatically. The new solution pools data from comScore, Integral Ad Science and a number of DSPs for side-by-side inventory comparisons. “There are so many inventory options available that marketers are continuously plagued by quality issues and unsure of what metrics and vehicles will ensure that their ad is seen,” said VivaKi’s EVP for global solutions, Doug Kofoid. “Further, the tools for assessing performance are disparate and not aligned. This is an area we want to deliver on for our clients.” Press release.
Marketing Tech, Tech Marketing
An IDC survey predicts marketing budgets at tech companies will jump 3.5% this year, and their revenues will increase 3.7%. The research firm’s Rich Vancil added, “For third-platform companies [cloud, mobility, social business and analytics], revenue growth and marketing budget growth is growing at 10% to 20%. … This is where all the action is in terms of budgets.” Ad Age has more.
- Mondelez Promotes Dana Anderson To CMO – The Drum
- Neustar Adds Todd Wilms As VP, Digital & Angela Culver As VP, Brand – press release
But Wait. There’s More!
- Video Ad Platform Clearstream Acquires EngageHD – press release
- The Exchange Lab Launches New Programmatic Platform – M&M
- Brands Adopt Programmatic Buying While Agencies Lag Behind – ClickZ
- Vibrant Media’s Native Ad Products Open For Programmatic Business – press release
- What’s The Role Of Data Scientists On Online Advertising? – The Guardian
- MA Launches “Internet of Things” Incubation Council – press release
- Signal Survey Finds Marketers Struggle To Leverage Ad Tech To Deliver Valuable Mobile And Web Experience – press release