Here’s today’s AdExchanger.com news round-up… Want it by email? Sign-up here.
Display Booming In EU
The results of the latest IAB Europe survey show that in 2010, display continues to grow. From the release: “With an average growth rate of 21.3%, Display overtook Search advertising as the fastest growing online ad format in Europe. Search, which has been the catalyst of online advertising growth in recent years, increased 15.1% in the same period across the 25 markets measured. Video, mobile and social media all contributed to the powerful performance of Display.” Read the report and get some pretty charts.”
Mobile Display Is Big
Mobile is coming. Mobile will be big. In the end, we are all mobile… comScore reports that according to its data “In April 2011, 689 advertisers used mobile display advertising campaigns to reach consumers, up 128 percent from two years prior.” How about some mobile usage data – the smartphone is the powerhouse of mobile display, of course: “More than 80 percent of smartphone users accessed their mobile browser (82.3 percent) or applications (85.0 percent) during March (2011).” Read the release.
Extending The Micro-Content Platform
All Things D’s Liz Gannes takes a deep dive into what it means for microblogging service Twitter to be integrated into Apple’s mobile platform as announced this week. She notes one analyst’s pithy quote, “With iOS 5, Twitter becomes a system level service where AAPL integrated Twitter functionality without having to acquire the company.” Read more.
Ads From The Cloud
Flite Networks, which is backed by $26 million from Sequoia Capital and Hummer Winblad among others according to its website, announced what it’s calling a new cloud-based solution for ad networks. From the release: “The lineup of products includes Socializer Plus, Display Plus, and Display Plus Overlay; with each product designed to help networks quickly build and deliver dynamic units tailored to each advertiser’s needs by combining real-time content from across the web .” Read more.
- BlueKai Pulse, April 2011 – BlueKai
- Visible Measures Taps Google Analytics Veteran to Lead Expansion of Analytics Business – press release
New Website, Brand!
Epic Media Group is rebranding its formerly-“Traffic Marketplace” unit and calling it, drum roll, Epic Marketplace – and will operate “EpicSocial, EpicMobile, and EpicDisplay.” Read more on the Epic blog. And, see the new site!
But Wait. There’s More!
- Adnetik Continues to Lead in Privacy Self-Regulation by Becoming the First Multinational Technology Provider to Implement the Evidon InForm Platform in the EU – press release
- IAB Rising Stars Early Adopters Include Three Dozen Blue-Chip Brands & Dozens of Major Web Sites – IAB
- Fivia and Ad-Juster Sign Partnership Agreement – press release
- ADmantX’s Cookie-Less Targeting Attracts $2.8 Million in First Funding Round – press release
- Grab Networks Partners with AdoTube to Expand Advertising Services and In-Video Ad Formats – press release