Here's today's AdExchanger.com news round-up... Want it by email? Sign-up here.
New Product, Old Partners
SAP and Accenture are continuing their partnership, this time by offering a product aimed at CMOs to “easily view and act on centralized key marketing performance data such as sales figures, media spend and social reach in near real-time.” Accenture will be the single point of contact for services running on the HANA platform, simplifying the process. The new CMO product, called the Marketing Performance Solution, will initially be targeted at retail and consumer packaged-goods customers. Read the release.
Retail dominates as the largest spender in digital media, according to an eMarketer report. Retail represents 22.3% of the total US digital advertising spending share; financial services comes in second at 12.4%. Within the retail industry, direct response makes up 64.6% of paid media -- a lot of it channeled into SEM. Read more.
TV ratings are typically tied to how many people watched a particular show, but Placed decided to take it further and analyze how viewing habits relate to retail in its “Ratings to Retail – Fall TV 2013.” The study found that 43% of respondents watched TV on their smartphone, which was more than computers and tablets. The study also found that viewers of all the major TV networks were more likely to visit movie theaters. Read more.
Marketing-automation firm Marketo has teamed up with Google on a new AdWords feature that allows marketers to track when clicks on their AdWords ads result in leads or sales in the offline world. “Marketers can use this information to adjust bids for different keywords, locations, times of day and audience segments to improve the AdWords results for the outcomes they care about,” wrote Marketo marketing VP and co-founder Jon Miller in a blog post. Marketo also announced a partnership with B2B targeting and personalization platform Demandbase. Read more.
In order to nurture the next generation of college students, companies are turning to universities to train students right out of the gate on data analytics and the like. The latest company to jump on this trend, according to Ad Age, is A-B InBev, which will be opening its Bud Lab at the University of Illinois. Read the release.
- Former Yahoo and Microsoft Media Exec Scott Moore Tapped as Cheezburger President and COO - AllThingsD
But Wait, There’s More!
- AdYapper Raises $1.2 Million To Analyze Ad Viewability For Digital Campaigns - TechCrunch
- Twitter Said To Ban Auto-Follower Tech Firm In Australia - Brisbane Times
- WireDex: Making Sense of the Ecosystem - ExchangeWire
- Call-Through Rate: Key Mobile Ad Performance Metric - Marketing Land
- Interview With Monetization Platform Adzerk CEO James Avery - WRAL TechWire
- Apple Hiring for iAd Team as iTunes Radio Launch Approaches - Ad Age
- A Refreshing Collaboration With Sheknows Boosts Brand Lift For Starbucks Refreshers - Nielsen
- The BuzzFeed Numbers Jonah Peretti Won’t Talk About - AllThingsD
- The Ipad Is The Most Popular Device For Mobile Transactions From Emails - Experian