Here’s today’s AdExchanger.com news round-up… Want it by email? Sign-up here.
Pinterest’s Year Of Intent
“The focus this year is on unlocking the potential of our intent data,” Pinterest operations head Don Faul told an audience at AdExchanger’s Industry Preview conference. Pinterest recently rolled out its Promoted Pins product to all US advertisers, but targeting remains limited to demographic and device data. The real gold mine lies in lower-funnel targeting of the home renovator or compulsive traveler. Look for incremental targeting enhancements over the course of 2015. More in The Wall Street Journal. See also: Pinterest Exec: ‘We’re Looking to Sell Products’ (1to1 Media)
Snapchat wants to host content, according to Digiday. A forthcoming feature dubbed Discover will funnel videos, texts and photos from major media companies like ESPN, CNN and Vice straight to Snapchat users. “Snapchat is on to something that will be incredibly meaningful for its audience and super helpful for reaching people who aren’t consuming content on TV, newspapers and magazines,” comments KC Estenson, former head of digital at CNN. Power to the publisher.
Mobile ad vet Nihal Mehta left the ad tech world in 2013 to focus on his investment firm, Eniac Ventures. On Wednesday, the firm raised $55 million that it will funnel into a pool of 25 mobile startups. According to Ad Age, Eniac Ventures is particularly interested in connected devices, app development, personal utility, messaging, enterprise and commerce. “The next big wave of mobile ad tech companies will be bigger than we’ve ever seen because they’re going to be forced to deal with a supply of new inventory. It doesn’t live anymore in banner ads. It lives in messaging, communications, interstitials, natively,” said Mehta. More.
- AppNexus Makes Key Additions To Its Executive Team For 2015 – press release
- Digital Content Next Announces Governance Changes, Elects New Executive Committee – press release
But Wait! There’s More!
- NinthDecimal CPG Mobile Audience Insights Report – press release
- In-House Or Vendor-Based Programmatic Advertising? – VentureBeat
- Smaato Announces Publisher Platform – press release
- Google, Facebook, Apple Spent Record Amounts On Lobbying In 2014 – CIO
- Varick Media Management And ReactX Partner To Scale High-Impact Digital Advertising Through RTB – press release
- How Facebook Became A Proving Ground for Hyper-Targeted Super Bowl Ad Tactics – Adweek