Here’s today’s AdExchanger.com news round-up… Want it by email? Sign-up here.
P&G is seeing “three to five times greater ROI through programmatic buying than we are through traditional environments,” said Scott Franzer, an associate director with Omnicom, which now holds the media account for the world’s spendiest advertiser. The company has heavily ramped up in machine-assisted media buying, but programmatic scale is limited by video scarcity and measurement challenges. More.
Digital media/commerce and marketing technology were the most active segments for M&A in the first quarter, according to Petsky Prunier’s Q1 2016 Investment Activity Study. Ecommerce was the most active subsegment of digital media/commerce, with 31 acquisitions. Analytics and targeting was the most active subsegment in marketing technology, with 18 acquisitions, a 13% increase from Q4 2015. In the agency and marketing services segment, up 101% and 27% respectively, consulting firms including IBM and Deloitte were active buyers. Read the report.
“In 2016, virtually all television delivery systems – smart TVs, streaming devices, game consoles, apps, and even old-fashioned set-top boxes – track consumers’ viewing habits, and sometimes in new and unexpected ways,” writes the FTC about an upcoming educational series. The regulator aims to establish standards and best practices around connected TV data collection. More at MediaPost.
Search For More
By 2020, only 25% of all Internet-connected devices will offer traditional search. The rest require additional layers of context and voice control (like an Apple watch, an Xbox or Amazon’s Alexa). Voice-activated, contextual search will begin with its strongest use cases – cooking and driving – but if brands figure out how to ride this wave as profitably as they have web search, it could make the Google we know seem downright quaint. More at Search Engine Journal.
But Wait, There’s More!
- Time Inc. Embroiled In Subscriber Data-Sharing Dispute – Ad Age
- Cidewalk Unveils Chatting Ads – release
- In Record Year For Political Ads, Buyers See Tight Market – Reuters
- Vibes Launches Transactional Mobile Messaging – release
- “Perfect Storm” Brewing For Live Video – BuzzFeed
- Who Is Keeping Google And Facebook In Check? – Politico
- ComScore Expands Partnership With DISH – release
- Amazon’s Twitch Extends Its Live eSports To Mobile – WSJ
- Addressable, Data-Driven TV Ads To Drive Gains In 2016 – release
- Reserve Acquires Mobile Payments Startup Dash – TechCrunch