Here's today's AdExchanger.com news round-up... Want it by email? Sign-up here.
Demandbase Banks $15M
Cloud-based marketing platform Demandbase closed a $15 million round of equity financing from Greenspring Associates to help B2B marketers serve ads. Enterprise digital marketing competitors have been vying for the same territory, such as the deal Oracle struck with partner Bizo on AdFocus. Demandbase CEO Chris Golec stated that “real-time bidding (RTB) display ad spending has become a $4 billion market in just a few years, but it had lacked a B2B solution.” He says Demandbase fills the void. Read the release.
Mozilla has a new CEO. A year after Gary Kovacs stepped down and Jay Sullivan filled in as acting CEO, the Firefox developer's board of directors appointed CTO Brendan Eich as the new chief executive officer. Eich is one of the organization's founding members and has been its CTO since 2005. Eich promised to uphold Mozilla’s mission of putting the consumer first. “Mozilla is about people-power on the Web and Internet — putting individual users, who create as well as consume, above all other agendas,” writes Eich in a blog post. Read more.
The Tangled Nets We Weave
WSJ tackles the bot crisis with a graphic-laden feature, citing Interactive Advertising Bureau estimates that 36% of Web traffic is fraudulent. To protect themselves, advertisers want more accountability from publishers and platforms so their campaigns connect with human audiences. Read the full story.
Facebook Mobile Metrics
Facebook has expanded its in-house mobile analytics while maintaining partnerships with about 13 mobile ad companies. Venture Beat reports the two could be on a collision course. “While Facebook says it doesn’t yet have the capability to totally rely on its own in-house analytics platforms, some say it’s only a matter of time until it cuts out the third parties.” Read what they say.
How do “anonymity apps” like Whisper and Secret monetize? Both social sites share a similar interface but obvious brand safety risks. A silver lining? “Advertisers don’t have to play it straight on anonymous apps,” commented Rohit Thawani, TBWA\Chiat\Day’s director of digital strategy, “which is where it gets fun.” Read more via Digiday.
- Bloomberg Media appoints former AOL Live president Nathan Richardson and Inside.com chief content officer Gabriel Snyder to jointly lead the digital push - Mashable
- YD Appoints Thomas Triscari As CEO - Press release
But Wait. There’s More!
- Apple Proposes New Cloud-Based Video-Streaming Service - MediaPost
- Flurry and Research Now Partner to Improve Mobile Ad Targeting and Offer In-App Mobile Ad Effectiveness Studies - Yahoo Finance
- Adobe Deepens Integration With VisualIQ - press release
- Releases Mark Interest In Data, Interactivity - BizReport
- Is This the Long-Awaited Answer to Measuring Video Viewers Everywhere They're Watching? - AdWeek
- Pinterest Tacks On Paid Ads - WSJ
Email This Post